- It is the source of blood flow to the ocular tissues.
- It is the source of aqueous humour (fluid that fills the inside of the eye) and maintenance of intraocular pressure.
- It constitutes the blood-aqueous barrier and prevents undesired blood products from reaching the eye.
- The musculature of the ciliary body plays a role in accommodation (adjustments in the eye for near vision)
- Eicosanoids (prostaglandins and leukotrienes) are synthesized in the iris and ciliary body. These are involved in miosis (decrease in the size of the pupil in bright light, accommodation) and control of intraocular pressure.
- Uveal tissue plays a role in detoxification and anti-oxidation in the anterior segment of the eye.
Neoretina is an NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospital and Healthcare Providers) accredited Super-Speciality Eye Hospital located in the heart of the city of Hyderabad. From the best eye care experts in the country to possessing state-of-the-art equipment that only a handful of specialty hospitals in the country claim to house, Neoretina has been trusted by more than 500 ophthalmologists as a referral hospital and hundred-thousands of patients across the country for the management of diseases of Retina, Uvea and complex eye conditions. An astounding 93% success rate in complicated retinal surgeries is testimony to our unmatched services in eye care, enabling us to become one of the most reputed eye hospitals in the country.